CERTIFICATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
No matter what green building rating system you’re interested in pursuing, our project managers have you covered — LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, CALGreen Tier 1 and Tier 2, Envision, Green Globes, GreenPoint Rated, BREEAM, SITES, Passive House. We have the deep expertise required to maximize the performance of your building through the rating system you elect to pursue.
–LEED: VG has deep experience managing LEED projects in all rating systems including: BD+C (new construction / core and shell), ID+C (commercial interiors for tenant improvement projects), and O+M (existing buildings). We have LEED v2, v3 and v4 project experience gained through the years, on a wide array of building types for world class clients including: Cisco, General Electric, JLL, Johnson & Johnson, Ramada Inn, and Seagate. We even helped write the LEED v4 reference guide. All our staff hold LEED credentials and provide expert guidance on the ever-changing LEED requirements. Learn more about the LEED services we offer by going here.
View LEED Projects
– Living Building Challenge: VG has extensive project experience with the ultra-progressive Living Building Challenge rating system that requires net positive energy performance. Our firm Principal has been a member of the Living Building Challenge LA Collaborative Steering Committee since 2013, and has attended the Living Future unConference multiple times, while multiple VG team members serve in leadership roles on the Energy Committee of the Living Building Challenge Los Angeles Collaborative.
View Living Building Projects
– WELL: The VG team has multiple WELL AP’s on staff and experience with the WELL Building Standard and conducting WELL Assessments.
View WELL Projects
– CALGreen: CALGreen Code informs green building statewide and either directly or indirectly effects touches many of these projects. VG has worked intimately with CALGreen and we’re ready to help you dive in, too.
View CALGreen Projects
– Envision: The Envision rating system serves to help tackle large-scale infrastructure and sustainability projects. VG has done lots of Envision work on our Harbor-UCLA project, where we’re working with the Los Angeles County Departments of Public Works and Public Health to prepare this 100-acre medical campus for it’s role as the official hospital of the 2028 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
View Envision Projects
Whether you’re completing building commissioning for CALGreen code compliance, or LEED requirements, Verdical Group’s expert team of certified Commissioning Agents can help. We take a collaborative approach to the commissioning process with the goal of delivering a high performing and efficient building to the building Owner. Our commissioning clients include: the County of Los Angeles, Abbot Construction, H. Hendy & Associates, and JLL.
View Commissioning Projects
ENERGY & DAYLIGHT MODELING
– Energy Modeling: Modeling building energy performance is an important tool when iterating a high performance building design. The Verdical Group team has deep energy modeling experience that allows us to efficiently deliver modeled performance throughout the design process, ensuring the team’s energy performance goals are achieved. Our energy modeling clients include: PBK Architects, Colorado Creative Studios, and JLL.
View Energy Modeling Projects
– Daylight Modeling: Daylight is an integral part of any design conversation. We’ve helped clients improve their energy performance, worker satisfaction, and general productivity by delivering daylighting models that help people and planet alike.
View Daylight Modeling Projects
Verdical Group manages high profile, utility funded programs that deliver market transforming results in the energy and water efficiency space. Verdical Group program management clients include the Department of Energy (DOE), LA Better Buildings Challenge program, and Architecture 2030.
View Program Management Projects
SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTING & MASTER PLANNING
– Sustainability Consulting: The Verdical Group team of sustainability consultants take on corporate sustainability and reporting engagements such as corporate sustainability program management, net zero waste programs, net zero energy and net zero water assessments, and research projects. Our sustainability consulting clients include ANEW Foundation, A Community of Friends (ACOF), the Green Building Initiative, and the Pankow BLUE internal sustainability program.
– Master Planning: No matter the scope of your project, Verdical Group can help you develop a Master Plan that will work for your project from start to finish. We’re working on upgrading the 100-acre Harbor-UCLA Medical Campus in Torrance, CA to help meet ambitious sustainability goals and prepare the facility to meet any demands it may face as the official hospital of the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic Games.
View Master Planning Projects
Go big or go home. Verdical Group produces the nation’s largest Net Zero Conference dedicated to net zero energy, water and waste building design each year. VG has also produced several of the largest SoCal green building events including USGBC-LA’s Municipal Green Building Conference & Expo (MGBCE), the LA Better Buildings Challenge (LABBC) Technology Showcase, the LABBC Innovation Awards, our own Biomimicry Conference, and the semi-annual Emerging Technologies (E.T.) Summits. Our events attract 700+ building industry attendees to hear thought leaders discuss the cutting edge of green building design, construction, and technology.
View Event Production Projects
NET ZERO CONSULTING
Verdical Group’s team are experts at helping you meet your net zero goals. Whether it’s energy, water, or waste, we can handle it. We even have experience working with energy leaders on their own projects, like the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers’ (IBEW) Net Zero Plus Electrical Training Institute. With the 2020 and 2030 code changes looming over California, Verdical Group is proud to be leading the charge towards a net zero future.
View Net Zero Projects