LEED AP BD+C, GGP
Emily Hand is Senior Sustainability Manager & Chief of Staff at Verdical Group, responsible for business development and project management on a variety of green building and sustainability projects. With broad building experience spanning commercial, residential, industrial, gaming and hospitality projects, she helps clients achieve their building certification and efficiency goals. Emily is a frequent speaker on green building and net zero design and supports the firm’s mission to inspire a net zero future in our built environment.
Emily previously worked with Verdical Group program management client, the Los Angeles Better Buildings Challenge, managing marketing and operations for the program. She was also previously a Senior in the Indirect Tax, Credits & Incentives and Climate Change & Sustainability Services department at Ernst & Young LLP (EY), where she consulted with Fortune 500 companies to integrate environmentally sustainable practices into their operations. Her work facilitating the green building certification process for over 100 million square feet of building space, resulted in over $50 million in tax incentives for clients.
Emily has worked with high profile clients including: MGM Resorts International, Wynn Resorts, General Electric, Seagate, Teknion, LA City College, and Miramar College. She holds LEED AP BD+C and Green Globes Professional (GGP) credentials and is an active member of the Living Building Challenge LA Collaborative and the USGBC-LA Chapter where she served on the Greenbuild 2016 Los Angeles Host Committee. Emily holds a B.S. in Natural Science and Environmental Studies from Loyola Marymount University (LMU).
– Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA — Bachelor of Science in Natural Science; Minor in Environmental Studies
Areas of Expertise:
– LEED AP BD+C and ID+C
– Green Globes for Existing Buildings and New Construction
– Green Building Certification Project Management
– Sustainability Program Management
– Business Development
- Journal of Ecology and the Natural Environment, “Exploration of climate influences on the abundance of galls on red willow (Salix laevigata) across two riparian communities in Southern California,” 2014.
- USGBC.org, “A Student’s Perspective: Green Apple Day of Service on a College Campus,” 2013.