Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP
Holly is Director of Sustainability at Verdical Group, responsible for senior level project management, strategic sustainability planning, and business development. Holly has worked on hundreds of LEED and sustainability projects for numerous high profile clients throughout her career as a green building consultant and sustainability professional. Such clients include: City of Los Angeles, Starbucks, Southern California Gas, Wells Fargo, FIFA World Cup, UCLA, LADWP, City of Las Vegas, Interface, and Apple. Holly has extensive project experience across the LEED suite (BD+C, ID+C, EBOM, Healthcare, Schools, Volume, and Retail).
Prior to Verdical Group, Holly was Senior Sustainability Consultant at Integral Group where she led all sustainability work for the firm’s Los Angeles office, including master planning, project management, research work and rating system compliance. Additionally, Holly led design teams on high-performance projects achieving LEED Platinum, Living Building Challenge, SITES, and Net Zero Energy. Before Integral Group, Holly worked as Certification Team Lead for the Green Business Certification Institute (GBCI), where she led a team of professional reviewers responsible for LEED project certifications, advised on LEED v2009 and v4 rating system development, and provided technical customer service to international project teams. Holly also served as the subject matter expert in LEED for Healthcare, the technical lead for the Volume program, and advised on sustainability initiatives.
Holly holds a LEED AP BD+C credential and is an Associate member of the American Institute of Architects (Assoc. AIA). She was a past Board Member of the U.S. Green Building Council Inland Empire Chapter (USGBC-IE), and is a current Board Member of the U.S. Green Building Council Los Angeles Chapter (USGBC-LA) and member of the Greenbuild LA 2016 Host Committee.
– University of California, Berkeley, CA — Environmental Sustainability and Stewardship Program
– Sonoma State University, Sonoma, CA — Green Building Professional
– California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA — Masters in Industrial Technology, Emphasis in Environmental Studies and Bachelors of Science
Areas of Expertise:
– LEED v4
– LEED v2009 and v4: BD+C, ID+C, EBOM, Healthcare, Schools, Volume, and Retail
– Sustainability Master Planning
– Sustainability Program Management and Policy Implementation
– Green Building Ratings Systems Including: LBC, SITES, WELL, Envision
– 2016: City Scale Approaches to Sustainability: AIA National Convention, Philadelphia, PA
– 2016: LA’s Urban Renaissance and LEED v4: MGBCE, Los Angeles, CA
– 2015: LADWP & LEED Case Studies: Sustainability at City Hall, Los Angeles, CA
– 2015: How a Historic Los Angeles Building Inspired Culture Change: MGBCE, Los Angeles, CA
– 2014: The Cost of Green: MGBCE, Los Angeles, CA